timer 2 mins
Restore the Scalp
Hair is fed by nutrients from a network of vessels in the scalp, so a healthy scalp breeds healthy hair. After chemo your scalp can be dry, sensitive and scaly. There are treatments that can deliver nutrients to the scalp to help repair and moisturise it and reduce irritation and inflammation.
As before, do not use any of these treatments without consulting your medical team and again, as I've not seen research to support these approaches, do not take these ideas as definitive cures!
- Folic acid, niacin, and thiamine HCL are all said to support healthy skin and nails
- For irritable scalps there is an organic repair lotion that promises to ease the condition.
- Antioxidants: fennel, green tea and tocopherol (vitamin E) are said to help prevent damage
- For sensitive scalps, anti-inflammatory, anti-septic and soothing agents are useful. For example aloe vera, geranium, rosemary, bergamot and chamomile extracts.
- Panthenol (vitamin B5) can be used to moisturise the scalp.
- For severe dandruff, ask your doctor about Ketoconacole Shampoo. You use it a few times a week and it clears up the problem.
We need your help
Found this helpful?
159 people found this helpful. Let us know if you did so we can keep it up.
Share a tip with others and you could receive a gift, as a token of our thanks.
Running websites is expensive stuff. Any donation you can spare we are very grateful for.